It's not entirely a time of negatives, and I certainly don't want to give that impression. Politics is a tough thing to be interested in these days. Or, at least, if one wants to stay in a good mood. But having cast a wider net and gone into various kinds of policy in more depth, I feel more comfortable with my own views, which is comforting to see. Having seen the trees, I can better appreciate the forest, so to speak.
And, of course, there's the fact that I'm getting to spend time with family members that I haven't seen in over a decade (or ever before). That's something I definitely appreciate, especially given that circumstances have kept me from visiting the vast majority of my extended family across the Atlantic since I was a mere child.
While I don't like the idea of counting my blessings, I sure am working on actively appreciating them more.
No comments:
Post a Comment