Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 3. Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

This was actually a little harder than I thought, because while I've been told a lot of witty or brilliant or simply pithy truisms over the years, none of them could easily be recited - I mostly internalize. But since the sun's down and there's not a whole lot of today left, there's two pieces of advice or information that immediately come to my mind. The first is something that my parents told me when I was being picked on by one particular kid at school and had no idea how to react. I can't remember the exact wording, so maybe it would be best for me to paraphrase:

If someone tells you something that upsets you, whether they mean to hurt you or not, take a second, just one second, to think through before you respond. That one second may mean the difference between really understanding the situation and simply making it far worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment